Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finland Comeback Begins With Ghost Goal

As you saw in the video above, this goal was REVIEWED and it STILL COUNTED!

And in case you're incredibily blind, here's what happened: Ville Koistinen's one-timer beat Robert Esche by going THROUGH the side of the net!

If this video goal judge doesn't lose his job, I'll eat my hat. And, since I really don't wear hats all that often, I'll eat a plate of pasta.

Even if he does lose his job, which he probably will, I'll eat pasta.

I guess this turned out to be a good thing for me then.

The goal got Finland to within one, trailing 2-1. Finland would add two more goals for a three-goal 3rd period to complete the comeback win over the U.S.

U.S. head coach John Tortorella declined to suggest human error, but did proceed with suggesting "blindness". I feel for you, Johnny boy, that was as brutal a call as I've ever seen, taking into account that the replay was shown on TSN about 10 times before the refs gave a verdict.

Canada faces Finland Monday afternoon in the IIHF World Championships.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm pasta.