What was unveiled:
- A brand new, mega-HD scoreboard, 5x bigger than the last one and the biggest in NHL history.
- There will be a match to be disclosed later which will be an hommage to the old Montreal Forum.
- Plans to build a brand new skating rink at Parc Francois-Perreault in St. Michel; said to be the biggest and most modern in Montreal.
- The Habs will have their very own Hall of Fame, located inside the Bell Centre.
- Box-set DVD's will be released to honour the Habs history, and, other DVD's showcasing the Habs top 10 games in their history, including last year's 6-5 come-from-behind record-setting miracle vs. the NY Rangers.
- As we already knew: The Habs will have an all-time team in NHL 09 (already released).
- A book on the history of the Habs will be published.
- A Monopoly-Motnreal Canadiens edition will be released in October.
- Six different coins will be in circulation, released by the Royal Canadian Mint. 10 million dollar-coins with a Canadiens logo will be in circulation as well.
- A special postage stamp will be released by Canada Post.
- We also already knew about the Ring of Honor to be unveiled, as well as the Centennial Plaza.
- On December 4th, 2009 (the Habs 100th birthday) a fictional movie on the Habs will hit the big screen.
- A BUILDER'S night: Ceremony before a game to honor the Habs' key builders, such as legendary coach Scotty Bowman.
- A website will be launched dedicated to the Habs' history.
- Montreal will host games to honor long time original-six rivals: the Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers.
- Other things we already knew of: Patrick Roy's jersey retirement on November 22nd, the NHL All-Star game January 25th and the Entry Draft in June, all at the Bell Centre.
- The Habs will also wear some new retro jerseys, put on display by some of the veteran current Habs at the press conference. Also unveiled were the retro-look All-Star game jerseys.
For more detailed dates on RETRO JERSEY GAMES and other info, click this link: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=383226
Scroll to the CENTENNIAL PROGRAM section at the bottom.